Thursday, May 1, 2014

Your Story of Romance

Attention All Brides... We want to hear your story! How did you first meet, what was your first date, and how did you get engaged? Submit your unique story thru our Wedding Guide app. It’s always fun to share information with other Brides-to-Be, and everyone has a different story about how they first met, and became engaged. Share your story to post on our app next month, and read other stories from local engaged couples. Optional: Include a photo of the two of you Wedding date We will post up to 5 stories on our Wedding Guide app next month. Check back to see if your story is posted, and read other local couples stories of romance. Here is my story of “Happily Ever After”… My husband and I knew each other growing up. His parents and my parents were good friends. We were just friends, and had never thought about each other romantically. We didn't see each other very much in our early twenties, then reconnected after a few years. We immediately were attracted to each other, both single at the time, and we quickly became a couple. It was a natural fit, since we had many of the same friends. We went camping at Yosemite, which is now our favorite place to camp. He talked me into hiking to the top of Half Dome. It is a long, grueling hike, with the last few hundred feet going straight up the rock, with cables to help you get up to the very top of the granite rock, which is Half Dome. After reaching the top, we were sitting and resting, admiring the view, when he turned to me out of the blue, took my hand and surprised me by saying casually, "Well, we made it all the way to the top. You did great, so I have to ask, "Will you Marry Me"? Of course I said yes and the rest is history, but looking back I keep thinking, "Wow, I really had to work hard for that proposal!" We have been together for 24 years, we are still a happily married couple, and have raised a beautiful daughter, so I would say it was definitely worth the hike!! We can't wait to hear all of your special stories! Download our Wedding Guide app from the Apple store online, search TheWeddingGuide, with no spaces, and we are number one. Submit your photo and unique engagement story through our app, or e-mail it to: Debbie@WeddingGuideonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment